Security and privacy of data is the most important concern for banks offering services on the Internet, as information transmitted without proper security is susceptible to fraud and misuse. Bank Sohar is committed to provide the safest Internet Banking service without compromising on the data privacy and security of your transactions. The security infrastructure for Al Mumayaz Internet Banking comprises of 128 bit encryption, filtering routers, firewalls, virus monitoring tools, and a host of other industry standard tools that ensure the highest levels of security available today.
Internet Banking uses 128-bit digital certificate from Verisign for encryption of the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) session. SSL is the industry standard for encrypted communication and ensures that customer's interaction with the Bank over the Internet is secure.
- Virtual Keypad which avoids any key logger attacks.
- VeriSign certified encryption.
- Secured socket layer (SSL) 128 bit encryption to ensure message integrity.
- Dynamic URL encryption.
- Multiple login by a customer is not allowed.
- Ensures timeout of idle sessions after a specified period of time.
- The Internet Banking Service supports a strong password regime. The following are certain salient features:
- Validates every corporate user using corporate Id, user id and passwords.
- 2 levels of passwords; login password and transaction password.
- Forces you to change your passwords after regular intervals.
- Corporate Administrator can enable/disable internet Banking services for the users in the organization.
- Expiry of a user id after a defined period of inactivity.