SMS Banking notifies account holders on various events such as credit/debit transactions and salary credits according on their accounts in the form of an SMS alert. Customers can also inquire their balance, view mini statements and transfer funds using SMS Banking.
SMS banking services consists of two types of alerts:
PUSH alerts and PULL alerts. Push alerts are alerts that you would receive based on the transactions occurring on your account.
You may register for any or all of the following PUSH alerts:
- Credit/Debit transactions in the accounts based on the limit you specify
- Balance in the account if increased or decreased than a preferred limit that you pre-set
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly account balances
- Salary Credits
- Cheque deposited in your account
- Cheque issued from your account
- Cheque deposited and rejected.
- Execution status of standing instructions
- Fixed Deposit renewal reminder
- Loan repayment due notice
- Beneficiary registration for EK-DO-TEEN India Remittance Transfers
- Transaction Alert for EK-DO-TEEN India Remittance
- Credit Card transaction notifications
- Credit Card payment notifications
- Credit Card Available Balance notifications
- Internet Banking Log in/Transaction Password expiry notice
With the PULL alert facility, you can perform a wide range of query-based transactions from your mobile phone using the SMS without placing a single call. You can also view your account information and carry out transactions anytime, anywhere, by sending the Bank an SMS in a pre-defined format.
All you need to do is to key in the specified code for the transaction as a text message and send it to 90404. You will receive a response in the form of an SMS with the details required within a short period of time.
The following services are available as part of the PULL alert services:
- Account balance
- Mini statement – for last 5 transactions
- status Inquiry
- SMS PIN change
- Help on Pull Alerts
Below are the text formats for the PULL alerts:
||Format of SMS to be sent to 90404
||Send BAL (space) followed by your 12 digit account number (space) and your 4 digit SMS Banking PIN No.
e.g. BAL 001020003627 1234
|Mini Statement – Last 5 Transactions
||Send MINI (space) followed by your 12 digit account number (space) and your 4 digit SMS Banking PIN No.
e.g. MINI 001020003697 1234
|Cheque Status Inquiry
||Send CSE (space) followed by the cheque number (space) your 12 digit account number and your 4 digit SMS Banking PIN No.
e.g. CSE 564545 001020005463 1234
|SMS PIN Change
||Send CH (space) old PIN number (space) New PIN number.
e.g. CH 8888 1234
|Help on Pull Alerts
How to use the alerts:
- PUSH Alert: You may register with the Bank by filling in the application form and then select the kind of PUSH alerts you want to receive. You need to provide the bank with your mobile number and details of the mobile service provider. You can change the type and the frequency of receiving the PUSH alerts anytime either by visiting the branch or by login into Internet Banking.
- PULL Alert: You need to register with the Bank by providing your account number, your mobile number and details of mobile service provider. A 4 digit PIN will be generated for you which needs to be collected from the requested branch. To use the SMS PULL service you need to type the predefined code as a text message and send it to 90404. You will receive the response in the form of a SMS on your mobile phone within a short of period of time.