Verified by Visa protects your card against unauthorized use and gives you peace of mind when shopping online
Verified by Visa is easy to use and gives you complete confidence when shopping online. Verified by Visa is simply an additional layer of security, adding one extra step to the process of paying for something online. Once you've signed up, your Bank Sohar Excel Visa Credit Card will continue to work just as normal and you'll still be able to use it with retailers who are not yet offering Verified by Visa.
Provided in association with anti-fraud schemes, Bank Sohar Verified by Visa works by means of a secret password which you choose. Then, whenever you shop online at any of the tens of thousands of retailers registered in the scheme, you'll be asked to enter your password before your card can be used to make a purchase. So even if someone does manage to get hold of your card details, they won't be able to use them without knowing your password.
Verified by Visa Registration
Follow the simple steps - it won't take long. Once registered, you can view all the tens of thousands of approved retailers around the world. Our step-by-step guide takes you through the process of using Verified by Visa:
- Choose what you want to buy online
- Go to the checkout page
- Enter your Visa card details as usual
- If the website supports Verified by Visa, a popup screen will appear with Bank Sohar logo. You'll need to create a username and password*
- Confirm password then click “submit”
- Your identity is confirmed and your purchase is safely completed
* Username and Password must be between 8 and 16 characters, typed in a combination of upper and lower case letters and numbers.
How does it work?
Once you register for Verified by Visa, while using your Bank Sohar Visa Credit Card in merchants that supports Verified by Visa, you'll need to do the following:
- Enter your card details
- Your username will automatically appear
- Enter your password then click “submit”
Shop safely online
If you want to use your Visa card on a website that isn’t offering Verified by Visa yet, we recommend following a few simple safeguards:
- Shop with retailers you know or research them first to ensure they are reputable and reliable
- Keep a record of your online transactions, including the retailer's website address. Many online stores send customers emails summarizing the purchase details – make sure you save or print these
- Before buying, read the delivery and return policies that should be on the retailer’s website. Can unsatisfactory items be sent back? If the items are faulty, can you get a refund or a credit note?
- The retailer’s website should also have information about delivery arrangements and costs, currencies they accept and taxes that apply
- Look for a telephone number or email address and note them down in case you have any queries
- Make sure that your card details will be encrypted securely before being sent across the internet – look for an unbroken key or lock at the bottom of your browser window or check the website address, which should begin https:// rather than http://
Use the latest version of your browser's software and check your computer's operating system software is up to date.
For More Information, Click Here